Forts, Palaces, Havelis
Image Upload Policy
- Don’t upload anything that isn’t yours.
- Only upload relevant images (palaces, forts, and havelis).
- Don’t upload content that is illegal or prohibited.
- For capturing photos from the past, use PhotoScan by Google Photos.
- You should only enter the address of the exact location.
- Only use English text to submit your request.
- Majestic City Palace in Jaipur, a complex of courtyards, gardens, and buildings, is home to the erstwhile royal family of Jaipur and was built by Maharaja Shri Sawai Jai Singhji II. It is a fine blend of Mughal, Rajput and European styles of architecture.
- H.H. Maharao Shri Sir Pragmulji II of Kutch commissioned the Prag Mahal, a gothic architectural style palace located in the central premises of Bhuj Darbargadh, in the 1860s. Kutchi and Italian artisans collaborated to build it. It features a grand Durbar hall and a clock tower. Gen. Henry St. Clair Wilkins was appointed as the architect of the Palace. H.H. Maharao Shri Pragmulji III of Kutch, restored the palace after it was damaged by the earthquake, and it’s currently in the possession of H.H. Maharani Shri Priti Devi of Kutch.
- Located in Bhuj’s magnificent Darbargadh Palace is the fabulous Aina Mahal or the “Palace of Mirrors”, an Indo-Saracenic monument. Maharao Shri Lakhpatji of Kutch, a patron of art and culture, commissioned Ramsinh Malam to build it. This two-story building boasts a Darbar Hall, a Hall of Mirrors, and several suites belonging to the various members of the royal family. It is decorated with Venetian chandeliers, silver objects, clocks, scroll paintings, jewelled swords, and doors (inlaid with ivory and gold). It includes exquisite marble walls that are decorated with mirrors. Currently, it is under the chairmanship of H.H. Maharao Shri Hanvantsinhji of Kutch.