|Agency||Chhattisgarh States Agency|
|Accession||1st January 1948|
|Privy Purse||₹ 210,000|
|Last Updated||19th Jan, 2021|
Maharaja Saheb KAMAL CHANDRA BHANJ DEO, 22nd Raja of Bastar (1996/-), born about 1984, educated at Coventry University, U.K. (Master of Science Degree in International Business) and at L.S.E., U.K. (Master of Political Science Degree). Member at BJP state executive committee, member at Managing committee, general council and a life member at Rajkumar College, Raipur. He is the founder of Pravir Sena (social organization) at Bastar. He serves as the president of Sarv Samaj at Bastar. A youth leader of BJP in the state and was a star campaigner for Vidhan Sabha, Chhattisgarh, Minister of state for Chhattisgarh Government, President of Youth Commission, Chhattisgarh State.
The family is said to have been founded the state when they were driven from Warangal in the Deccan by the encroachments of the Muslims, early in the 14th century. The state was the 11th largest Princely State by area.
- Raja ANNAM DEV, 1st Raja of Bastar 1324/1369, traditional founder, brother of the Kakatiya Raja of Warangal, Pratap Rudra Dev, said to have established himself at Bastar, defeating the Nagvanshi Raja, and established his capital at Mudhota under the protection of the goddess, Danteshwari, still the family deity.
- Raja HAMIR DEV, 2nd Raja of Bastar 1369/1410
- Raja BHAITAI DEV, 3rd Raja of Bastar 1410/1468
- Raja PURUSHOTTAM DEV, 4th Raja of Bastar 1468/1534, he shifted his capital to Old Bastar.
- Raja PRATAP RAJ DEV, Raja of Bastar 1602/1625, married and had issue, extinct in the 3rd generation,
- Raja DIGPAL DEO, Raja of Bastar 1680/1709
- Raja RAJPAL DEO, Raja of Bastar 1709/1721, descended from the younger brother of Raja Pratap Raj Dev, married 1stly, a Baghela Princess, married 2ndly, a Chandel Princess, and had issue.
- Rajkumar Dakhin Singh (by 1st wife)
- Raja Dalpat Deo (by 2nd wife) (qv)
- Rajkumar Pratap Singh (by 2nd wife)
- Raja MAMA, Raja of Bastar 1721/1731
- Raja DALPAT DEO, Raja of Bastar 1731/1774, moved his capital to Jagdalpur; he married (amongst 7 wives), 1stly, a daughter of Raja Goor Sai Deo of Kanker, and had issue.
- Rajkumar Ajmer Singh (by 1st wife), usurped the gaddi for a short time.
- Raja Daryao Deo (by 2nd wife) (qv)
- Raja DARYAO DEO, Raja of Bastar 1774 and 1777/bef 1819, married and had issue.
- Raja Mahipal Deo (qv)
- Raja MAHIPAL DEO, Raja of Bastar fl. 1819, married and had issue.
- Raja Bhopal Deo (qv)
- Lal Dalganjan Singh, Dewan of Bastar 1846/1863, married and had issue. He died 1863.
- Lal Kalendra Singh, Dewan of Bastar 1882/-; deported to Illichpur for his part in the Bastar rebellion of 1910, where he died . He died 1916 at Illichpur.
- Kunwar Chakar Singh
- Raja BHOPAL DEO, Raja of Bastar 1830/1853, married and had issue, as well as further issue.
- Raja Bhairam Deo (qv)
- Kunwar Durjan Singh (by a secondary union), Dewan of Bastar -/1881, died February 1881
- Raja BHAIRAM DEO, Raja of Bastar 1853/1891, born 21st May 1839, succeeded 27th August 1853, recognized as a Feudatory Chief by the British Government in 1865; he married (amongst others), Senior Rani Subra Kanwar, died O ctober 1910 at Raipur, (a) Nawabai (concubine), and had issue, as well as illegitimate issue. He died 28th July 1891.
- Raja Rudra Pratap Deo (qv)
- Maharanidhirani Padmalaya Devi, married Maharajadhiraj Nahar Deo of Kanker, and had issue.
- Kunwar Bahadur Singh (by a secondary union)
- Kunwar Arjun Singh (by a secondary union)
- Raja RUDRA PRATAP DEO, Raja of Bastar 1891/1921, born 5th March 1885, succeeded 20th July 1891, installed in January 1908, educated at Rajkumar College, Raipur; married 1stly, Rani Kusumlata Devi, daughter of Raja Sir Basudeb Sudhal Deb of Bamra, she died 18th August 1911, married 2ndly, Rani Chandra Kumari, she died sp, and had issue, one son and one daughter. He died 1921.
- Yuvaraj (name unknown) (by Rani Kusumlata Devi), died at the age of ten months.
- Rani Prafulla Kumari Devi (by Rani Kusumlata Devi) (qv)
- Maharani Saheba Prafulla Kumari Devi, Rani of Bastar 1921/1936, born 10th February 1910, married 1927, Lal Sahib Prafulla Chandra Bhanj Deo of Mayurbhanj, born 23rd May 1909, Member of Parliament, Rajya Sabha, for two terms: 1952 -1954 / 1954 – 1960, Member Committee of Parliament on Official Language 1957, died 5th March 1959, and had issue. She died 28th February 1936 in London.
- Rajkumari Kamla Devi (by Rani Prafulla Kumari Devi), born 2nd February 1928, married in Bijwa U.P. She died 1st January 1954.
- Maharaja Pravir Chandra Bhanj Deo (qv)
- Rajkumari Geeta Kumari Devi, born 29th October 1930, married Raja Saheb Kadamba Keshri Chandra Deo of Bonai, and had issue. She died 17th December 2002.
- Maharaja Vijay Chandra Bhanj Deo (qv)
- Maharaja Saheb PRAVIR CHANDRA BHANJ DEO, Maharaja of Bastar 1936/1966, born 12th March 1929 (or 25th June 1929), educated at Rajkumar College, Raipur; succeeded 28th October 1936, deposed by the Indian authorities in 1961, M.L.A. (Madhya Pradesh), married 4th July 1961, Maharani Shubhraj Kumari, born 1930, died sp on 11th September 1996, daughter of Rao Sahib Udaya Singhji of Patan. He died sp on 25th March 1966.
- Maharaja VIJAY CHANDRA BHANJ DEO, Maharaja of Bastar 1966/1970, born 4th March 1934, married Maharani Hitendra Kumari, daughter of Thakore Saheb Surendrasinhji Karansinhji of Sayla, and had issue. He died 12th April 1970.
- Maharaja Bharat Chandra Bhanj Deo (qv)
- Maharajkumar Shri Harihar Chandra Bhanj Deo, educated at Rajkumar College, Rajkot (1974); a practising lawyer in the capital Jagdalpur, married and had issue.
- Kumar Suryaveer Chandra Bhanj Deo
- Maharajkumar Shri Devesh Chandra Bhanj Deo, married to Jyoti Devi Rana and had issues.
- Kumar Mohit Chandra Bhanj Deo, born 31st August 1989, education at Rajkumar College Raipur and Graduation from Christ University Bangalore.
- Kumari Juhika Devi Bhanj Deo, born 28th May 1986, education at Rajkumar College Raipur Chhattisgarh, Masters in Visual Arts, she is freelance Artist.
- Rani Saheba Puspa Devi, married Raja Rajendra Chandra Deb Birabara Harichandan Mahapatra, 25th Raja Saheb of Talcher, and has issue, two sons.
- Maharaja Saheb BHARAT CHANDRA BHANJ DEO, Maharaja of Bastar 1970/1996, born 1954, educated at Rajkumar College, Rajkot (1972); married Maharani Krishna Kumari Devi (now Rajmata Saheb of Bastar) from Tharad (Gujrat) and had issue. He died 1996.
- Maharaja Kamal Chandra Bhanj Deo (qv)
- Maharajkumari Gayatri Devi Bhanjdeo, born 13th January, educated at Mayo College Girls School, Ajmer, a Gold Medalist. Graduated from Mount Carmel College, Bangalore (BBM) and has an MBA degree in Finance and Marketing from MIT, Pune. Ventured into many businesses at Jagdalpur, Bastar and actively involved in the management of Bastar Palace.
- Maharaja Saheb KAMAL CHANDRA BHANJ DEO (see above)